We are a small family business that started in 1994. We opened the store as a general line antique store. The name 'Apple Tree Gallery' came from the fact we have a small orchard on our family farm. We rented our first storefront for two years and then bought a building two doors down. The building we purchased was originally a camera shop with about a thousand square feet.
In 1998 we added the year-round Christmas and holiday business. We quickly outgrew the building. In the same block a four story, full basement building has been vacant for 12 years. It was built in 1907 and had always been a department store. Most recently it had been occupied by JCPenny, which moved to the local mall in 1988.
We purchased the building in 2000 and began renovation. We returned the interior to its original grandeur, including decorative tin ceilings, hard wood floors and a mezzanine area.
We moved and reopened in April of 2001 - bigger and better! Apple Tree Gallery is now located in the heart of Piqua's National Historic District at 405 North Main Street.
Apple Tree Gallery is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media